After your pet's Surgery
* Ask any questions you may have at the time of discharge.
* No running, jumping, playing, swimming, or other strenuous activity for 7-10 days. Keep your pet quiet.
* Pets must be kept indoors where they can stay clean, dry and warm.
* No baths during the recovery period.
* Dogs must be walked on a leash and cats kept indoors.
* Check the incision site twice daily. There should be no drainage. Redness and swelling should be minimal.
* Do not allow your pet to lick or chew at the incision. If this occurs, please call this office for further information.
* Appetite should return gradually within 24 hours of surgery.
* Lethargy lasting for more than 24 hours post-op, diarrhea, or vomiting are not normal and your pet
should be taken to your regular veterinarian.
* Dogs may have a slight cough for a few days after surgery.
* Do not change your pet’s diet at this time and do not give junk food, table scraps, milk or any other people
food during the recovery period. This could mask post-surgical complications.
* If there are any questions or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, please call this office at (931) 372-2728.
* If there is an emergency after hours, contact your regular veterinarian or our emergency provider Copeland
Veterinary Hospital at (931) 528-1111.
* Your pet received a green tattoo next to their incision. This tattoo is a scoring process in the skin; IT IS NOT
AN EXTRA INCISION.
* HSPC SN Clinic, will treat at minimal cost, any post-op complications resulting directly from the surgery, if the
above post-op instructions are followed in full. Your regular veterinarian must address illnesses or injuries
that are not a direct result of surgery. Please call for an appointment as soon as you see cause for concern.
We cannot be held responsible for complications resulting from failure to follow post-op instructions, or for
contagious diseases for which the animal was not previously properly vaccinated.