Updated: 5 November, 2019
READ BEFORE REQUESTING APPOINTMENT ONLINE
ALL ONLINE REQUESTED APPOINTMENTS WILL BE BILLED AT FULL PRICE
(SEE PRICE LIST BELOW)
Need financial assistance?
Call us (931) 372-2728.
Do not schedule online.
Scheduling for multiple pets on the same day? Follow the pre-pay instructions after your submit your requests. Appt. requests not paid for within 30 minutes of scheduling will be rejected.
Before clicking "Request An Appointment" below, please be sure you have read and understand the information above. We are here to help.
Female Dogs $90
Male Dogs $80
Female Cats $70
Male Cats $60
Prices include supplemental pain meds and a rabies vaccine.
(at time of surgery/wellness clinic only)
Vaccines - $12
(FVRCP, DA2PP, FELV, Bordetella)
Fecal Exam - $10
Feline Leukemia/FIV Test - $25
Heartworm Test - $10
4DX Test - $20
(Heartworm, Ehrlichia, Lyme, Anaplasma)
Umbilical Hernia Repair - $15
Microchip - $20
Nail Trim - $5
We ALWAYS Need Supplies! Here is our wish list!
Newspapers Laundry Detergent (HE)
Paper Towels Masking Tape
Copy Paper Postage Stamps
Dish Detergent Post Its (Any Brand)
Distilled Water (Gallons) Liquid Hand Soap
Trash Bags (Kitchen and 45gal) Ziploc Bags
AA Batteries (snack,sandwich,quart)
Governing documents, past years' 990s and budgets are
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
An Appointment is Required
We have partners that assist residents in these counties:
Friends of Animals
(Jackson County) - 268-1866
(Overton County) - 303-2567
(White County) - 935-8377
The Humane Society of Putnam County was formed in June 1979 and is proud to operate
The Major Michael Shipley Memorial Spay/Neuter Clinic
Located at 180 Miller Road, Cookeville, TN 38501
Mailing Address: PO Box 995, Cookeville, TN 38503
FROM HWY 111:
Take Hwy 70 (Spring Street) through Cookeville.Miller Road is 5.5 miles, on the left.
FROM HWY 56:
Take Hwy 70 towards Cookeville.Miller Road is 3.9 miles, on the right.
FROM THE INTERSECTION OF JACKSON & HWY 70:
Take Hwy 70 west (towards Baxter) and at .7 miles Miller Road is on the left.
FROM INTERSTATE 40:
Take exit #283 and go onto Tennessee Avenue, which ends at the second traffic light. Turn right onto Hwy 70, the next road on the right is MILLER ROAD, turn right, we are the second building on the left.
Clinic is located at 180 Miller Road, Second building on left after turning onto Miller Road.
Total Surgeries from August 2007 through June 2019 is 49,841
with approximately 60% from Putnam County, 30% from Jackson, Overton and White counties. The other 10% are from other surrounding counties.
As of January 2019 our grant focus area includes the following counties:
Clay - Jackson - Overton - Pickett - Putnam - Van Buren - White
Of course anyone can use our services, however,
these are the counties for which we raise funding.
We thank the following organizations for their generous support!
PRE-PAY FOR SURGERY HERE
Deposits and Pre-Pays are
Non-Refundable without a minimum of 24 Hours Notice
How our Service Works
* Every pet must have an appointment. You can make an appointment by clicking the link above (Top Right) or
calling us at (931) 372-2728.
* We have a group check in and check out process, so please be prepared to spend up to 30 minutes at our
clinic. Drop off times are 8:00 AM for cats and 8:15 AM for dogs. Pickup time the following morning is 7:30 AM.
* If you want an appointment for multiple pets on the same day, a non-refundable deposit is
required. Appointments can be re-scheduled at no charge if given 24 hours advance notice.
* Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify. In order to qualify, you must call us at (931) 372-2728.
Appointments made online will be billed at our normal rates (listed above).
After your pet's Surgery
* Ask any questions you may have at the time of discharge.
* No running, jumping, playing, swimming, or other strenuous activity for 7-10 days. Keep your pet quiet.
* Pets must be kept indoors where they can stay clean, dry and warm.
* No baths during the recovery period.
* Dogs must be walked on a leash and cats kept indoors.
* Check the incision site twice daily. There should be no drainage. Redness and swelling should be minimal.
* Do not allow your pet to lick or chew at the incision. If this occurs, please call this office for further information.
* Appetite should return gradually within 24 hours of surgery.
* Lethargy lasting for more than 24 hours post-op, diarrhea, or vomiting are not normal and your pet
should be taken to your regular veterinarian.
* Dogs may have a slight cough for a few days after surgery.
* Do not change your pet’s diet at this time and do not give junk food, table scraps, milk or any other people
food during the recovery period. This could mask post-surgical complications.
* If there are any questions or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, please call this office at (931) 372-2728.
* If there is an emergency after hours, contact your regular veterinarian or our emergency provider Copeland
Veterinary Hospital at (931) 528-1111.
* Your pet received a green tattoo next to their incision. This tattoo is a scoring process in the skin; IT IS NOT
AN EXTRA INCISION.
* HSPC SN Clinic, will treat at minimal cost, any post-op complications resulting directly from the surgery, if the
above post-op instructions are followed in full. Your regular veterinarian must address illnesses or injuries
that are not a direct result of surgery. Please call for an appointment as soon as you see cause for concern.
We cannot be held responsible for complications resulting from failure to follow post-op instructions, or for
contagious diseases for which the animal was not previously properly vaccinated.
Before your pet's Surgery
* The pet should not eat anything after midnight. Pets under the age of 4 months should have a light breakfast.
* The pet is able to continue to drink water until they arrive on the day of surgery.
* Cats should arrive at 8:00AM; Dogs should arrive at 8:15AM the day of surgery.
* Cats MUST be in a carrier. Dogs should be wearing a collar and be on a leash.
* PLEASE leave your pets in your vehicle while you come inside to complete your paperwork.
* We accept CASH ONLY inside the clinic. Please plan accordingly.